So normally, I would get to the start of a new year, screw my nose up and swear that making resolutions was a waste of time. HOWEVER, in the aftermath of 2016, I feel like I want to pen my hopes, at best. Just things that I can work towards, have in my sights, but without the pressure of calling them resolutions. If that makes sense?
The bigger things:
– I want to make peace with the universe – I’ve spent too long being angry/frustrated for one reason or another. Espesh about things that have passed/are in the past. What is the frigging point? Letting things go is healthy and logical, but apparently alien to me! Must work on that.
– If you’ve read any of my mental health blogs (thank you, they’re lengthy!), you’ll know I suffer with depression/anxiety. I’m already better than I was; I only have to compare myself to this time last year. I just want to keep getting better. I may never shift it completely, but if I can keep learning to manage it then… magic. Paramount is getting back out into the world again – I’ve been my own prisoner for too long now.
– Love myself a little better – I realised just recently that I pretty much didn’t give a sh*t about myself last year. I left it a good 9 months til I got my hair cut, I didn’t eat and when I did it was unhealthy; I did barely any exercise, my skin suffered. BAD. So 2017 above all else has to be the year I start to love myself again.
*Got my hair cut yesterday, also bought Women’s Health which I’m counting as step 1 of getting fit…that counts right?
The smaller things:
– Blog blog bloggity blog! God I love this so much. & I’ve already spoken to so many lovely people in the space of the few months I’ve had this. I want to grow this & grow with it, and I feel like 2017 is the year for blossoming!
– I reeeeeally want to read more – I used to go through books like dinners when I was younger, so I’m aiming for at best, a book a month. I’m really keen to read the classics, Jekyll & Hyde, Jane Eyre, a spot o’ Dickens!
– Practice more of what I love – as you may have guessed I love taking photos. I also love being outdoors, little adventures & discovering beautiful little patches of the world. More of that pls.
– I have a bucket list, quite a lengthy one tbh with you, one which I’ve toyed with the idea of sticking on here – I may do it yet! But I’d like to do more out of my comfort zone; last year I held a snake and an owl (snake – self explanatory, bird – WHY DO THEY FLAP THO), this year, I want to hold a spider (BIIIIIG phobia), bungee jump or SOMETHING that normal Katie would never do. & I want to do lots of it. Basically, do something(s) magic.
Do you have hopes or resolutions for this year? Please pop them below! I’d love to know! Thank you for sticking with me, and here’s to 2017!
Til next time…